Colors of Cochin Bantam chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by AngieMaesChix, Apr 20, 2019.

1. AngieMaesChix

AngieMaesChix Songster

Apr 8, 2018
    Cloverdale, Ohio
    So two days ago I came home with seven more chicks lol chicken math is adding up I’m at 13 rn the seven I just got 3 light brahmas, 3 Cochin bantams and one white silkie I have 6 Barred Rocks as well almost four weeks old..I’m also getting four layers in next few weeks Lavender Orphs so I’ll be at 17...anyways the three Cochins I’m trying to deteywhat color they will be...here’s some pics the one with mostly yellow and patches of blue/grey color I’m assuming splash? The other two are mainly the grey/blue but can see yellow too..not sure if splash, lavender or blue?? Thanks for the help!!

Attached Files:

2. crazy4ChickensNducks

crazy4ChickensNducks Songster

Dec 16, 2018
    west, michigan
    Are you sure they are Cochins? The lavender one with the orange head resembles a porcelain Millie fleur D’uccle

AngieMaesChix likes this.
  3. AngieMaesChix

AngieMaesChix Songster

Apr 8, 2018
    Cloverdale, Ohio
    Well that’s what they were sold as...this is my first time having them and a smaller chicken..so I’m not very educated on what they are or look like...it’s more of a yellow than an orange tho there is a tad hint of it...

4. AngieMaesChix

AngieMaesChix Songster

Apr 8, 2018
    Cloverdale, Ohio
    I’ll get better pics later.Ton the nose in the pic was being very bossy he loves the chicks and always trying lick em and clean they butts lol so was hard getting pics

5. AngieMaesChix

AngieMaesChix Songster

Apr 8, 2018
    Cloverdale, Ohio
    Here’s some more from other day..the one yellow/whitish one is the silkie

Attached Files:

6. Aunt Angus

Aunt Angus Crowing

Jul 16, 2018
    Sacramento County, CA
    My Coop
    I can offer no insights as to your chicks, but omigosh - your doggie is hilarious!

Reddawn and AngieMaesChix like this.
  7. crazy4ChickensNducks

Dec 16, 2018
    west, michigan
    At least 2 of them look like porcelaine’s. look them up they are gorgeous! @Cyprus

Aunt Angus likes this.
  8. AngieMaesChix

AngieMaesChix Songster

Apr 8, 2018
    Cloverdale, Ohio
    I just looked them up and they are tho I have no clue on how to pronounce that :lol: they are all three definitely the same kind of chick..girl at store said they were Cochins..she seemed pretty knowledgeable has ducks and chickens herself and also incubates and breeds some...not saying she’s right tho...I looked up both and as of yet they do resemble the porcelain Mille see I forgot already :lau..I’ll get it tho if they are and they are beautiful I’m almost hoping they are those!! What’s the main differences between the two? Like I noticed the Cochin chicks seem more upright than the milles ? If so they are not much upright..but that also could been pics I looked at..anything or way I should take pic make it easier to tell?

9. crazy4ChickensNducks

Dec 16, 2018
    west, michigan
    When they are adults the Cochin is huge a fluffy. But the miles are a smaller bantam

10. AngieMaesChix

AngieMaesChix Songster

Apr 8, 2018
    Cloverdale, Ohio
    These are supposed to be Cochin bantams...I mean the differences between the two as chicks? They look very similar in pics I’ve seen so I can see how someone could mistake one for the other

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: