Colour Parade - closes August 2nd 2012

folgerrd

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Canada
Is your bird colourful? Do they have an interesting pattern? Are they so Gold-Laced you could even say they glow? Well then this is the contest for you.
Rules: 1) You must enter as so: <Photo of bird(up to three per bird)> then name of bird, age, breed, why you like the colours/are proud, which category you're entering said bird in. 2) One bird per category. Six categories per person. 3) No being judgemental or rude. 4) Obey rules already put in by Nifty and the Mods for BYC in general. 5) have fun. 6) all entries will be automatically entered to win overall winner unless you ask otherwise.
Judges
1. WindyRidgeChick
6. jallny
Judging
Please PM me if you'd like to be a judge(and for which category), I will pick on a first come first serve basis.
Judging process is done like so: On July 2nd judges pick their three favourite entries(from their deignated category) and PM them to me. Judges and I will agree on the winners, which will be posted(here) sometime after we have reached at least 12 entries(official closing and winner picking date posted when we reach said amount). You as contestants may vote for the overall best but categorial winners are still winners, not just finalists.
****************************************************************************************************************
Categories
1. Chickens
2. Water fowl(Geese, ducks, swans etc)
3. Abnormal poultry(Ostriches, peacocks, etc.)
4. Pigeons and Doves
5. Game fowl
6. Caged birds
Prize - There currently is no prize and might not ever be one. If anyone would like to donate a prize that would be greatly appreciated. PM if you have something to give away, or a type of service to offer. Examples of easy to contribute prize, drawings of winner, endorsement of their farm in your blog or anything you can think up.
****************************************************************************************
Winners(posted as announced)
7(over-all).

*************************************Updated note:
If we dont fill up more of the categories by closing date and I have not yet named the winners(with help from my judges) then you can still enter in un-finished categories(and become judges for them) until I anounce the winners(that gives you about a total of two extra days after closing date). The empty or unfinished categories are all but chickens, after closing date no more chicken entries! Just unfinished category entries.

Last edited:
This needs to be started. ;O)

So glad that you started this just when one of my chicks is showing pink plumage (among her charcoal) -- and hazel eyes to boot.

Pale pink and charcoal.....kind of like a pair of madras bermuda shorts from the 1950's when pink and black were popular colors. I wonder how long she will hold on to that peachy-pink hue on her feathers. (or maybe his--- it is either Princess or Prince)...and Easter Egger hatched May 25th. Too cute. Looking forward to other colourful/colorful chickens. If I'm talking to Canada, do I need to end the sentence in 'hey?'. :O)

Last edited:
This needs to be started. ;O)

So glad that you started this just when one of my chicks is showing pink plumage (among her charcoal) -- and hazel eyes to boot.

Pale pink and charcoal.....kind of like a pair of madras bermuda shorts from the 1950's when pink and black were popular colors. I wonder how long she will hold on to that peachy-pink hue on her feathers. (or maybe his--- it is either Princess or Prince)...and Easter Egger hatched May 25th. Too cute. Looking forward to other colourful/colorful chickens. If I'm talking to Canada, do I need to end the sentence in 'hey?'. :O)

Thanks for entering.

Very cute! So, Name(if applicable):princess age: almost 1 month. breed:Easter Egger. Category: chicken. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these.

Yep, Canada. Well not all of it, a teeny part, but yep. No need to add "eh" in fact I think more Americans use it while talking about Canadians than Canadians do on a daily basis, LOL. Just kidding, it is used a lot. Eh, maple syrup, eh!

I never noticed people saying aboot, except maybe the francophones. toonies and loonies, I heard the US mint is starting to make an American looney soon you'll be as wacko as us!
tongue.png

Name: Ella
Breed: Cream Light Brown Dutch Bantam
Category: Chickens
Why I like the colours/ are proud: I just love the pattern they have and there just such sweet birds.

Ella on the left.

(Sorry its not big, click it to see it better)

Name: Hank

Breed: tetra tint

Hank is mostly white with spots of feathers that are black. He is now turing beautiful golden color on his back, which you can really see in pic 2. (Sorry couldnt get a full pic, he wouldnt sit still)

Category: Chickens

This is Sansa. She is 22 weeks old and a Swedish Flower Hen. I love the combination of Mille Fleur with the Crest! She is my prettiest hen and seems to get more colorful every week. Category: Chickens

Back
Top Bottom