Columbian and White Rocks,Hens or Roos?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by The Turken Lady, May 20, 2011.

1. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

We recently hatched 4 bantam rocks. (1 white,3 columbian) They're about 2 weeks old. Although they have most of their feathers,
    I can't tell if they're hens or roos. None of them have big,red combs but they have small tails. [​IMG] I really hope for at least one boy
    or 2 pairs. [​IMG] Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    PS: Any name suggestions?

Chick # 1-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick #2-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick #3-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick #4-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The Turken Lady

No Ideas? [​IMG]

3. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    Waaaay too early

4. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    i always pink random cool soundin mythilogical names ... ?? like buri loki mist freya frigga .. and all my others [​IMG] theres almost thirty of them .. ( those are all norse .. im on a how to train your dragon kick [​IMG] )

5. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    pretty babies tho [​IMG]

6. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    too young

7. The Turken Lady

Thanks. Sorry lol [​IMG] I can tell my turkens and ameraucanas/bantam phoenix by now. I've never raised rocks before.

8. The Turken Lady

Quote:Lol! How to train your dragon is my cousin's favorite movie. He has SO many toys from it..I'm like..uhhh [​IMG]
    I've already saved a name for a cockerel,Corvus after an elf from a 1998 video game. [​IMG] I use mythology too,except greek(since I know all the names thanks to Percy Jackson) Like Artemis,Athena,Zeus,ect. I think I should use Egyptian mythology next with all the hard names to confuse my mom. (To her they're really hard;She can't even pronounce Thalia!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by