Columbian easter egger?

baysidechicks

Chirping
Apr 9, 2020
I'm still trying to pin down the breeds of two of my four chicks. The Polish are easy LOL. One is I believe a sex-link, like a golden buff or golden comet. The last one is a puzzle. She had a soft yellow head and dark body as a chick, now her body plumage is white with an occasional black spot, her tail is black, and her neck has the Columbian look. But I don't think she's a Columbian wyandotte because she has slate legs. Could she be a columbian easter egger? No beard or muff, though, at least not yet. They're about 9 weeks old. Here's a pic, it's not great - she's the smallest and fastest of them and rarely is still. Friendly and very outgoing, she likes to get up on my shoulder and pluck at my hair.

Attachments

• IMG_3341.jpg
    IMG_3341.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3340.jpg
    IMG_3340.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 12

baysidechicks

Chirping
Apr 9, 2020
I'm not sure I'm able to identify comb types, but you can see it in her picture. I'm thinking pea comb right now but maybe a single? I went and looked at silver lakenvelders - one of the pullet photos looks just like my girl so maybe we have a winner!

baysidechicks

Chirping
Apr 9, 2020
My son's friend had to get a minimum order from a big hatchery so we got some of the chicks he didn't want, I think it was McMurray? He ordered a mixed batch I guess. I've had them since the day after they arrived to him. I'm totally new to chickens, so having fun sleuthing out their breeds!

Top Bottom