Columbian patterened silkies or showgirls!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rilly10, Dec 2, 2010.

1. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    I am looking to start a columbian silkie project. If any one has and columbian patterened silkies or showgirls for sale please let me know!

I would also be interested in eggs, chicks, or leads as to who may have some, or be working on them!

They do not need to be perfect!

Please PM me with any info you may have! THANKS!

2. Liexicof15

Liexicof15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Tampa
    I have a columbian pattern silkie pair, hen is not laying yet. If you want, I can email you when they get old enough and I'll send you eggs. It should be any time now. They are not perfect, but are a good start.

Here is a picture of the roo. Hen looks very similar.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  3. rilly10

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    [​IMG] Awesome! Please keep me on your list for eggs! Where did they originate from?

4. Liexicof15

Liexicof15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:They came from a breeder here in Florida who said she bought an assortment of eggs from a nice breeder in Michigan. I bought a bunch of chicks from her, and these were in there. She told me the name of her website, but I cannot remember it now. I visited the website right after I bought them, and they were nice! I will keep a list, and I will contact you whenever she begins to lay, hopefully soon!

5. Rathbone

Rathbone Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2010
    Mojave Desert
    Columbian patterned Silkies? Are you kidding me??? That sounds Gorgeous!

6. upintheholler

upintheholler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Bristol Va/Tn area
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I hatched this boy out about a year ago... I plan to start a gray project myself and am trying to figure out if he works in my plan. ? any ideas. If I cannot use him, your welcome to him, he is perfect! Great type, feet are perfect...

7. rilly10

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    I would love him! Please keep me posted if you decide to sell him! He is very handsome! [​IMG]

8. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    I would think that a columbian patterned roo over a white hen/pullet should throw some columbian patterned chicks....might be a way to continue with this pattern. I also think in 2 generations you could use a Columbian roo over black hens. Columbian roo bred back to F1 hens (his daughters) ought to throw some columbian patterned chicks as well

I have Columbian Rocks (LF) and LOVE the columbian pattern

Sorry to "butt in"......

9. rilly10

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Yard full o' rocks :

I would think that a columbian patterned roo over a white hen/pullet should throw some columbian patterned chicks....might be a way to continue with this pattern. I also think in 2 generations you could use a Columbian roo over black hens. Columbian roo bred back to F1 hens (his daughters) ought to throw some columbian patterned chicks as well

I have Columbian Rocks (LF) and LOVE the columbian pattern

Sorry to "butt in"......

Thanks for "butting in"! That is great info! I don't have whites, but I do have a nice black pullet! I will try that!

PS LOVE the columbian rocks!​

10. Rathbone

Rathbone Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2010
    Mojave Desert
    I love the columbian pattern too...any and all. I would love to see pics of any of your chix! So please, any and all "butt in" with pictures?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by