Columbian Plymouth Rock LF hatching eggs - 12+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Yard full o' rocks, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    For your consideration are 12 + hatching eggs from my Columbian Rock LF flock. My birds originated from a flock in Canada and I obtained them in Nov 2010. I hatched over 80 this past year and kept only the best 9 pullets and 5 cockerels.

Are they "show quality"??!! I don't really know, but I have been encouraged by several long time Rock breeders to begin showing my best few. I recently donated a pair (cockerel and pullet) to a silent auction that was held at Crossroads and they brought $75, and they were purchased by a Rock breeder who's been in the business 30+ years.

They ARE extremely rare in the US and I consider myself very fortunate to have a flock going here in the deep south.

I have already hatched 18 that are in the brooder now and will be hatching for myself all fall and winter. I am not certain how many of these I will be able auction after this one.

Here are a couple of pictures, taken today, of the flock all together. Also, the rooster in the link is the grandfather to this flock. He is the "Canadian daddy" to the trio I started from.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will plan to ship these on Monday, Dec 12. Please let me know if you have any questions and Merry Christmas!

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Whoever gets these - CHERISH THEM! Scott has worked super hard on his flocks, and fertility/hatchability is excellent. I just had a close friend hatch some off for me (my bator was full, and I REALLY wanted some of these beauties!) - the hatch went off like clockwork, all hatched today, day 21, all are fat & healthy, hatched quickly & without issue! THANKS, SCOTT for the wonderful opportunity to have some of these beauties here in Michigan! Oh, I should also say packaging was excellent, as well (but I guess that was obvious, having had such a good hatch!!!)

3. immyjay54

immyjay54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    You've done a fine job on these birds Scott. Thumbs up to you.

4. rsquared

rsquared Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    I'm in....good Rocks' hard to resist!!

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Congratulations!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by