Columbian/Porcelain/Lavender Silkies and Sizzles/Frizzles

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Sanna, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Sanna

Sanna Songster

Jun 27, 2011
    Connecticut
    I'm looking for Porcelain and Lavender Silkies somewhere close to Connecticut. I'd prefer females of course, possibly one rooster, but I would be open for chicks of any age as well. I was hoping to get a breeding pair or maybe a rooster with 2 hens. Mainly interested in the Porcelain color but would never say no to a Lavender.
    I'd also die to have a Sizzle and/or Frizzle or two.

Are there any for sale out there close to home to save on shipping cost? Maybe even somewhere close enough for pick up?

I added Columbian to the search. I'd love to have a Columbian hen for my rooster. I feel like I am searching for a needle in a haystack!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  2. Nsampsel

Nsampsel Songster

Mar 6, 2012
    East Central Ohio
    cjexotics is in PA. She has gorgeous birds in every color.

3. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Sanna, I don't remember if I told you about the Boston Poultry show.
    It's in North Oxford, MA TOMORROW, June 3
    There will be LOTS of Silkie chicks for sale there.

C'mon, if you're willing to pay $60. just for shipping for a bird sight unseen, you really should drive up.
    http://www.bostonpoultryexpo.com/2012spring_catalog.PDF
    Maybe we'll see you there.
    I'll be the chicken earring lady.
    Roberta

And there is a guy with white frizzle bantam Cochins also. But I don't think he has alot...maybe 8?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  4. Sanna

Sanna Songster

Jun 27, 2011
    Connecticut
    You got a good point there. I wouldn't buy a horse that I haven't seen (I work with horses lol).

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    But I have to work tomorrow. [​IMG]I even missed the show in Haddam Neck not too long ago because of work. I love my job, but I'd REALLY like to go to one of these poultry shows sometime.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  5. Luv-my-lil-farm

Luv-my-lil-farm In the Brooder

Dec 17, 2011
    I have hatching eggs, I have a lavender split pen and I do have a Columbian pen with a rooster from Birds & eggs. If you are interested in hatching eggs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: