Columbian/Porcelain/Lavender Silkies and Sizzles/Frizzles

Sanna

Songster
8 Years
Jun 27, 2011
Connecticut
I'm looking for Porcelain and Lavender Silkies somewhere close to Connecticut. I'd prefer females of course, possibly one rooster, but I would be open for chicks of any age as well. I was hoping to get a breeding pair or maybe a rooster with 2 hens. Mainly interested in the Porcelain color but would never say no to a Lavender.
I'd also die to have a Sizzle and/or Frizzle or two.

Are there any for sale out there close to home to save on shipping cost? Maybe even somewhere close enough for pick up?

I added Columbian to the search. I'd love to have a Columbian hen for my rooster. I feel like I am searching for a needle in a haystack!

Last edited:
Sanna, I don't remember if I told you about the Boston Poultry show.
It's in North Oxford, MA TOMORROW, June 3
There will be LOTS of Silkie chicks for sale there.

C'mon, if you're willing to pay $60. just for shipping for a bird sight unseen, you really should drive up.
http://www.bostonpoultryexpo.com/2012spring_catalog.PDF
Maybe we'll see you there.
I'll be the chicken earring lady.
Roberta

And there is a guy with white frizzle bantam Cochins also. But I don't think he has alot...maybe 8?

Last edited:
Sanna, I don't remember if I told you about the Boston Poultry show.
It's in North Oxford, MA TOMORROW, June 3
There will be LOTS of Silkie chicks for sale there.

C'mon, if you're willing to pay $60. just for shipping for a bird sight unseen, you really should drive up.
http://www.bostonpoultryexpo.com/2012spring_catalog.PDF
Maybe we'll see you there.
I'll be the chicken earring lady.
Roberta

And there is a guy with white frizzle bantam Cochins also. But I don't think he has alot...maybe 8?

You got a good point there. I wouldn't buy a horse that I haven't seen (I work with horses lol).

he.gif
he.gif

But I have to work tomorrow.
hit.gif
I even missed the show in Haddam Neck not too long ago because of work. I love my job, but I'd REALLY like to go to one of these poultry shows sometime.

Last edited:
I have hatching eggs, I have a lavender split pen and I do have a Columbian pen with a rooster from Birds & eggs. If you are interested in hatching eggs

Back
Top Bottom