Columbian Rock

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by squatfisher, Sep 12, 2009.

1. squatfisher

squatfisher Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Does anyone know where I can get some Columbian Rocks. I've checked a bunch of hatcheries with no luck. Virginia

2. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    I know someone here got them from Dunlap Hatchery in Iowa. This is the only place I have found so far & I want some! I think they quit shipping in June, so it would have to be next year. They are also sold straight run. Hope this helps.

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    There is a guy on eggbid that has sells banatms hatching eggs.. He is a APA/ABA judge and has some good ones.. He gos by the name "dickschicks" on there. He is out of PA and might have some eggs up on there this fall if not then check in the spring...

Chris

4. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Do bantams count? And where are you?

5. clayhill

clayhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Lee County, Arkansas
    Hey All,
    I've been trying to come up with some CR's for a year! Dunlap Hatchery in Idaho has some and a member here bought some (Yard Full 'O Rocks). Have not talked to him recently, but I don't think they are old enough to lay yet. Superior may have some later, I emailed Danny and he said to check back. I have tried to contact a couple of breeders about some, but have had no responses. Good Luck and PLEASE, let me know if you find any. I would like to have 10-12 pullets and a roo or two of Columbian Rocks and also Buff Rocks.

6. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Well, I know where you can get Columbian BANTAM rocks, but the guy isn't a hatchery and probably wouldn't ship. He's in Knoxville. I got a coupla pullets from him myself. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by