Columbian Rocks (Pictures Added)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Andora, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    At what point would you be able to sex Columbian Rocks? I have three of them, two are about 8 weeks old and one is a little younger.

Here are the two older ones:

[​IMG]

Don't know about you, but this one seems to be screaming cockerel...

[​IMG]

This is the one I am unsure about.

These are my younger white rocks. I think maybe they are a pair? One has red wattles and one doesn't.

[​IMG]

I didn't get a picture of the younger columbian one. It has a large comb though, so I'm guessing it's another roo. Time will tell!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    I see some red wattles on the bird in the first pic. The second, I think I see a tiny spot of red on the wattles, but maybe not. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it's a pullet! [​IMG]

The pair DO look like a pair and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya there, too. [​IMG] Beautiful birds!

3. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Bump to an older thread...

Anyone else with an opinion? All four of my rocks now have red or pink in their faces, but their combs aren't growing larger and fully red. I don't know what to think. I need to take new pictures. At what point could you tell that your white or columbian rocks were definitely roosters?

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    The first two pictured look like pullets to me. At 8wks, a roo would be more obvious. Even the one with little wattles in the last picture doesn't automatically make me think roo. If you have updated pictures I'm sure someone could tell you for certain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by