Columbian Wyandotte loves her wattles petted and scratched :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mexiontheloose, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Mexiontheloose

Mexiontheloose Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2012
    My Coop
    This is my girl Miss Chynna :) I love her lower bawk, it always cracks me up. It's like she's trying to be "sultry" LOL :)

But she is my friendliest girl, and lets me scratch her wattles and even pet her comb ;) Love her!!

2. Roosterlover5

Roosterlover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Their both beautiful chickens!

3. jahphotogal

jahphotogal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2012
    CT
    I have a Columbian too - she's my friendliest. HOw old is yours? Is she laying? Mine is 26 or 27 weeks and hasn't started yet - thinking I'm going to have to light the coop to get any eggs!

4. Mexiontheloose

Mexiontheloose Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2012
    My Coop
    My girls just turned 19 weeks today :). I have her, a black australorp(also in the vid) and a Speckled Sussex (she is actually in the nest box during this video lol).

Only the SS is laying right now. But as you can see Chynna has gotten pretty big and her wattles and comb are big and getting pretty red :), as well as Carnie's! :) So I'm excited for them to start laying as well! I have a light in the coop myself...I have it plugged into a light sensor that senses when it gets dark out and turns on for a set number of hours :).

Good luck!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by