1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Columbian Wyandotte?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Toshi, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Toshi

Toshi Songster

Jul 2, 2011
    IN corn state
    I am getting new pullets and i am ordering from BYC, i ran across this breed while looking for some to buy, i read a bit about them and i want to know a bit more. Do they really cuddle? And are they really as sweet as the info for them states?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011

2. Most chickens respond to time spent with them -- I had some that I taught to ride in a bicycle basket and go with me on bike rides as a child. I don't know anything specific about the breed, but if you spend LOTS of quality time with them especially as chicks, they will be very friendly as adults . . . Should work with just about any chicken.

3. WalkerH

WalkerH Songster

I don't know how much it changes by I have Golden Laced Wyandottes, some are cuddly some are not. I would say the majority of them are kind of stand-offish, but they calm right down when you hold them. If you are looking for cuddly I know people like the Buff Orpingtons, but I probably wouldn't get the Wyandottes unless you want to spend lots of time cuddling all of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by