Columbian Wyndotte hens wanted in NC

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by dlockey, Mar 19, 2012.

1. dlockey

dlockey Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2011
    [​IMG]We have an awesome Columbian Wyndotte roo, and would love to have some hens for him. We live in NC, and I have posted on the NC forumn looking, but no results so far. If anyone has an idea of where we might find some girls, it would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Debbie

[​IMG]

2. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    I have a columbian wyandotte girl I am willing to part with. She is 7 months old, has been wormed and is mite-free. She has a single comb, but the usual plucky personality. She is a good layer of very round (I hear these are "female" eggs...) light brown eggs. I am located in Pendleton, SC (near Clemson) and willing to meet in Greenville. Let me know!

ETA: she is Meyer Hatchery stock, as I got her from My Pet Chicken.

Edited again to add - not the girl in the picture... that one died :(

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  3. dlockey

dlockey Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2011
    Oh my,,,,,,,that is wonderful! How much are you asking for her? I love "My Guy" as we call him!! He is absolutely beautiful!! We went to the Wicked Chicken Auction, as the boxes came down the line, he kept popping his head out of his box. I watched and watched him, then told my husban " I want that one" We brought him home!! He won at state fair 2 years in a row!! He is a pet now, and we'd love to have her to live happily ever after with him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by