Columbian x

chickenandchick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 2, 2012
I have recently bred a little white columbian wynadotte x plymouth rock chick and I was just wondering id anyone else had tryed this breed.
I have also bred Plymouth rock x Black star and Plymouth rock x Isa browns. Has anyone else bred these breeds?
ya.gif

What color of Plymouth Rock did you use?
There are several colors: Barred, Blue, Columbian, Buff, Partridge, White.

I have recently bred a little white columbian wynadotte x plymouth rock chick and I was just wondering id anyone else had tryed this breed.
I have also bred Plymouth rock x Black star and Plymouth rock x Isa browns. Has anyone else bred these breeds?
ya.gif

your chicks will come out looking black, and when adults will be mostly black if not completely black, Columbian has no effect on Extended black birds

Barred, a really big barred roo with huge white hackles
That sounds like you had a Black Sex Link rooster (white on the hackles), instead of a Barred Rock.
That would explain the white chicks that you got from the Columbian Wyandottes and the ISA Browns.
Watch the black ones they may turn out barred. Did any of ther black ones have white spots on the head?

BTY: How many chicks did you hatch?

that cant be unless your Columbina bird is infact dominant white instead
Columbian is almost completly white, and yes, one of the sex-linked x's had a yellow splotch, and is a roo. I am sorry but there might be a little wait for the photos cause we lost the camera lead.
th.gif
We have a roo: Isa brown x, columian x, and black sex-linked x, with white barrs, and the girl sex-linked x has brown ones.

That sounds like you had a Black Sex Link rooster (white on the hackles), instead of a Barred Rock.
That would explain the white chicks that you got from the Columbian Wyandottes and the ISA Browns.
Watch the black ones they may turn out barred. Did any of ther black ones have white spots on the head?

BTY: How many chicks did you hatch?
Sorry, forgot to add- 5 chicks, 3 in which have turned into roos

Back
Top Bottom