Comb on chicken is hanging over and has some white on it in areas

Xistina

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2019
I took my hen yesterday and separated her from the flock. She appeared low energy, some of her feathers are missing but she is molting but I treated her too with DE in case it was mites as most the chickens have finished their molt now and all the same age. I think she may have been peaked on too. I saw that yesterday too due to her being a bit ill so I took her in. I also put some apple cider vinegar in her water too. But her comb is flapped over and I saw some white spots on it. She was eating yesterday and drank water in the dog kennel I put her in. But I read about Fowlpox and not sure if she has that or anyone here know about that? I just got 12 new chicks that are 1 week old too (inside) and have another 8 (adult hens) outside and never treated for Fowlpox and so it's all new to me. Should I be admistering this at 8 to 12 weeks? Just read about that? Poor girl, hope she is okay but just not sure what is happening here with her comb flopped over. Any thoughts? She did have a pasty butt too but nothing that bad that was holding it all in but was a messy so I cleaned her up and she seems to be feeling in better spirits since yesterday but her comb is concernng me as that is a red flag I think. Not sure what to do next?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-20 111209.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-02-20 111209.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 16
  • messages_0 - 2023-02-20T111233.379.jpeg
    messages_0 - 2023-02-20T111233.379.jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom