Ended Comb Photo Contests 2014!

BYC Project Manager

BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Feb 22, 2009

Winners have been announced! Check the individual threads!

This contest is brought to you by our
BYC Sponsors

(click to view/ support them)

Submit your best photos of your chicken’s comb and win a 6 month GFM!

Try to get clear, focused pictures, and make sure the photo you’re submitting is of the proper comb for the contest you are entering.

We don’t have a set end-date yet for the contests, but the faster we get a bunch of great submissions, the sooner we can pick winners!

All photos must be posted in reply to the appropriate threads linked below.

Submit your photos in the following threads:

Submissions Must Include:
  1. A great picture of a chicken’s comb
  2. Breed
  3. Age
  4. Gender

RULES:
  1. All entries must be submitted as a reply to the comb specific thread
  2. The picture needs to be taken by you
  3. One bird per contest per member. You may post as many photos of the same bird as needed to get the best angle.
  4. Have fun!

If you have any questions about the contest, please post them here and not in the contest thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a reminder for everyone to READ POST ONE ENTIRELY. I don't want anyone to get disqualified.

Pictures aren't to be posted here on this thread. This thread is for information and also to ask questions etc.

In the first post there is a list of comb categories(lettering is colored blue) click on the comb category you would like to enter in and it will bring you to that comb specific thread where you can post your photo.

Good luck everyone and great pics!

Just added that info! It's one bird per contest, per member. You can enter as many of the contests as you like as long as the photos meet the criteria.

How do you know what kind of comb your rooster has? I tried looking it up but it said 'single comb' witch is not listed .... Here's a pict..

Please help me figure this out so I can get the $ shot lol...
Btw.. This is not my entry... Just my trying to figure out the type he has... I want to enter in correct category.

Last edited:
I know that I can only enter one time per category but....
For my single comb entry, can I post more than one photo of the same bird in my single post entry.... with different angles.... or do I need to just post one photo in the entry?

I'd like to know this too since I put up two different angles of my birds comb
Absolutely! You may post more than one photo of the same bird.

What if the comb is a fit for 2 categories ? My silkie has a walnut but it is V-capped.
I'd go ahead and post it in the walnut contest, since that's the type of comb Silkies are supposed to have.
smile.png

THIS IS NOT MY ENTRY... I just need some input as to what type of comb this is, so I can post in the right place. It looks like a strawberry, maybe... But she has a unicorn horn! Thoughts?
I had a Wyandotte with a comb like that. It looks more like a rose comb than strawberry.

Back
Top Bottom