Comb Progression page

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Catalina, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
  2. chookchick

chookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Olympia WA
    Nice work and good pics! Very cool egg weighing thingy-mabob--where did you get it? And is Pippa still crowing?

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I'm impressed! That's a neat idea. (Your photos are really nice, too! It looks like you posed your chickens in some of them!) [​IMG]

Just a thought... Do you think you could add the breeds of the birds next to their names? If other BYCers use your page as a reference, knowing what breeds those birds are would be very helpful.

4. Catalina

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    Quote:Mmmmm, good idea!
    I'll have to work on that tomorrow.

5. Catalina

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    Quote:I bought the egg thingy on ebay. It was $12 (I think).

Pippa is still being a stinker. But I covered her favorite perch, that was higher than the others, and she's stopped crowing like a rooster.
    Now she just sounds like a giant chicken complaining every once in a while. [​IMG]

6. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Nice charts, I really like the scale, does it work well ?.

7. SharonX

SharonX Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the pics. Nice! Sure helps me to figure out who is getting ready to need a nice cozy nest. Only one girl, Della, my Delaware Red is laying now for a couple of months -- even though Theresa is the same breed and I was told the same age -- has a much smaller comb and is not laying. Go figure...

In a two nest compartment, Della and Theresa sleep and poop in one nest and Della lays in the other. She's a very sweet and clean hen -- likes her hugs and kissesand thanking her for her eggs which she keeps very clean.

8. Catalina

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    Quote:I think it works pretty well.
    It's very handy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by