Comb type

waltersr07

Songster
6 Years
Apr 8, 2016
Southwest Missouri
Hello! This is my silkie mix. Can anyone tell me what type of comb this would be considered?

Attachments

• 20210813_084559.jpg
    20210813_084559.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 13
Okay thanks! She is mixed with a bantam cochin. Which would be a satin right? I think the red in the comb was throwing me off.
Well the term Satin in pretty broad. There are breeders that are working on satins which by definition are birds that are usually several generations removed from the Cochin ancestry. Goal is to create a bird that has all the silkie characteristics such as dark skin, 5 toes, feathered feet and a walnut comb, but then have the smooth feathers😊

Well the term Satin in pretty broad. There are breeders that are working on satins which by definition are birds that are usually several generations removed from the Cochin ancestry. Goal is to create a bird that has all the silkie characteristics such as dark skin, 5 toes, feathered feet and a walnut comb, but then have the smooth feathers😊
That makes sense. I have 2 others that are silkie/frizzle mixes from the same breeder and they are all three feathered different. I'm enjoying watching them grow.

Back
Top Bottom