Combining Worm Out Gel and eprinex and possibly others

kkrogman

In the Brooder
May 12, 2016
Does anyone know if it is ok to treat chickens with Worm Out Gel at the same time I would put some Eprinex on them? I want to treat them for worms and mites all at the same time to save handling them. (I have around 75 chickens).
Also, if you know what other medications are safe to treat at the same time. I have a sick one that I might want to give medicine for cocci as well.

thanks!

@casportpony

Have you had a fecal float to confirm your chickens have worms?
No, but there are tapeworm segments in their droppings. I've had a couple die recently and I would hate for it to have been due to worms, so I figured it wouldn't hurt. I also know some of them have a few mites on them. I don't see any on the ones that get out and dust, but I figured if some have them they all probably do.

I'm sure you already know this, but none of the drugs you mentioned are labeled for use in laying hens. Doesn't mean you can't use them, but you should think about egg withdrawal. :D

I had in my head that the Worm Out Gel didn't, but yes, that is a good point. I will probably eat them, but I am not selling them.
Thanks for all the help. As well for all the many other posts on other topics.

Back
Top Bottom