Comcast Rant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by angels4, Aug 1, 2010.

1. angels4

angels4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is the senerio....I live on a dead end street at the very end. When I came home today from picking up supplies there was a Comcast truck blocking the ENTIRE street making it impossible for me to get into my drive. I have a new neighbor so I was comfortable knowing he was most likely having his service started, really wasn't a problem, went to his place knocked at the door and asked if the Comcast guy was available at which time he poked his head around the corner, I asked him politely to move his van as it was blocking the entire street and I needed to get into the drive.

He started ranting and swearing about how he was trying to do his job, at which I advised him that I was just trying to get to my home. He was throwing things around, slamming doors and just behaving like a child. At one point he told me to enjoy watching my television "while you still can"! "While I still can"? I asked, to which he replied "Yeah, I'll shut you off at the pole"!

"Really, are you threatening to turn my service off because I simply asked you to move your van-a van I might add that is clearly marked with a vehicle number and telephone number 1-800-2-ADVISE," okay chump climb up on your ladder and turn my service off (haven't had a television in 2 years) no need for cable/internet as I have been fed up with Comcast for years.

Why don't people think BEFORE they make stupid threats...Yeah you were just doing your "job" today....I hope after my report you still have a job.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I hope you called this guy in..
    What a nut-job... jeesh!

3. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    Quote:You go girl!! (I'm assuming you're a female)

Jen

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  4. angels4

Really.....Do I write like a girl? I'm not.

5. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    I love when idiots have their company numbers just posted on their vehicles like that. Makes it SO much easier to ruin their day, doesn't it? Good for you!

6. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    Quote:Sorry, but like I said I was just assuming. BUT you did write very well, and intelligently. Not that men can't write well and intelligently---I better quit while I'm ahead--------------[​IMG]

Jen

7. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    wow, sounds like a time for anger management classes for someone! i really don't like it when anyone with a business vehicle cuts you off while driving. they obviously don't realize that it doesn't look good on them when they act like idiots when their name/company is emblazoned on their vehicle with a phone # or internet site!

8. angels4

Quote:Sorry, but like I said I was just assuming. BUT you did write very well, and intelligently. Not that men can't write well and intelligently---I better quit while I'm ahead--------------[​IMG]

Jen

[​IMG] you are ok in my book.

9. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I tell rude people "Uh oh, somebody needs a nappy-wappy." Then I stand a little too close to them.

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Wow, Comcast has taken rude service to a whole new level (my apologies to anyone who works for Comcast and is actually not rude -- I've never had any luck with speaking to a nice and helpful person from that company, ever). I hope you reported this guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by