1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Come back, come back...says my little Impatient...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RockizChics, Jan 26, 2014.

1. RockizChics

RockizChics New Egg

Jan 26, 2014
    Hi all, new here, but have read through the posts and articles many many times. Also am new to the "country living scene" and am loving, along with my 15 hens, 1 Guenie hen, 5 Guenie cocks, and a rooster named Pobley.
    Impatient is the guenie hen, she is a riot! follows me, calls the boyz in when it is time to roost or when she finds a few nummy bugs.

Most of my girls have names, all after actress' Betty Davis, Bettye Boop, Martha, named after a certain celeb, loves to join me in the kitchen, always looking for a crumb to fall, and her sisters Matilda, Henny Penny and Gertrude to name a few. Humphrey Bolgart is one of the Guenie cocks..he seems to be a character, and the rule of his flock.

We live in the woods outside of a very rural area of South Carolina, where we found just over 7 ac just two years ago, bought our first flock from a couple who had them as pets, 7 in total, they thought that they were all hens, to their surprise and ours, we had 3 roosters in the group, needless to say, when they matured two of the three had to go to the deep freeze sadly to say. Life's lessons of farming I am told. Needless to say, all is well in the world of chickens, we keep them in a very large caged area when we are not at home to protect them from coyotes and foxes, when we get home from work, let are let free to roam until the coop back up, an on weekends, they free range both days from morning to sunset.

Looking forward to adding to the flock this spring, we need a few more girls! My husband and I love the larger egg laying breeds, so far we have Beard Rocks, Dorkings, Cochin and Morans, besides the Guenies that is.

Looking forward to meeting many of you and learning more about these wonderful fowl friends of ours.

Rocki

2. chickenneighbor

chickenneighbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Maine
    Welcome to BYC! Pictures, we need pictures! :lol:

3. chickeelina

chickeelina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Woodland Hills, CA
    [​IMG]

Riding home in the car!! They had lots to say about it, 7 buffs, 3 lavender Orpingtons!!! It's was a 2 hour car ride in California with the heat on (brutal) and lots of poop smell. I kept asking my friend "did u fart?" Lol

My first chickens EVER!!!

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

5. chickeelina

chickeelina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Woodland Hills, CA
    [​IMG]

Here they are at home... Was worried about our dog but she was actually intimated by them and then just laid down next to them.
    [​IMG]

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hi there, [​IMG] and welcome to BYC!

Enjoy all your poultry adventures!

7. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to see you among our flock [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of my flock [​IMG]

8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us! You have one guinea hen and five cocks? And they get along? I'd have a riot on my hands if they I tried that with my chickens lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by