Come celebrate with me!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EE R' Us, Sep 23, 2009.

1. EE R' Us

EE R' Us Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2009
    I'm using up my very last white store bought egg today! [​IMG]

It's headed into a batch of homemade egg noodles along with a few of 'the girls' eggs.

Bye - bye store bought eggs ..

[​IMG]

Hazel's eggs are about a large now, but Clover's are still about a Medium and she's been laying the longest .. small chicken = smaller eggs I guess. Oh well that's okay, they all taste good! [​IMG] Olive is still holding out and being a stubborn hen, no eggs from her yet. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Congrats! I was so happy when I went shopping this past weekend and I didn't have to buy a dozen eggs. My girls have finally reached a pace I can live with, lol. I'm getting about 3 to 4 eggs a day from the ones that already laying, and that's plenty for us for now. I am excited for you, no more store bought eggs! Aren't yours so much more tasty than the store bought? Mine sure are! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    [​IMG]

Beautiful green eggies!

Congratulations and I hereby make a wish that you will never have to eat a store egg again!

4. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Yeah no more eggs from the store. I have 5 dozen in the fridge right now. The girls are laying 9-12 eggs a day right now. Not everyone is even laying yet. I give a dozen away and almost get another dozen the next day. I love teasing my kids at the grocery store and ask them if we need to buy some eggs. They look at me like I must be nuts.

5. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Celebrate! Celebrate!!! [​IMG]

I am getting between 5 and 7 eggs a day--enough for us and some to give away!! I can't wait until my EE and Ameraucanas start to lay...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by