come on , you take too long

animalloverabh

Allons-y, Alonso
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
The wonderful countryside, UK
fl.gif
waiting for a peep just one little peep.......or an email from the breeder.....waiting.......come on ducklings,come out while it warm.......patiance......iim growing old here..
old.gif

That waiting is difficult.... Mine hatched on mother's day... and they've doubled in size.... enjoy them while they are tiny... it doesn't last long at all.... almost watch them grow before your very eyes.

They are only really little and cute for three weeks... They start to loose the baby look after that and start to get feathers... Of course they are still very cute at that stage- But you can expect them to be almost fully feathered and able to live outside on their own ( if you need them too ) by 6-8 weeks depending on your climate.

let me put it to you this way, I will post a pic of what they looked like when I got them on easter saturday from TSC. Probably about 4-6 days old. Then a more recent pic but its like a week old. I picked up one of my pekins yesterday and it weighed about 6lbs. Seems like only yesterday they were soooo teeny tiny and they could hardly figure out what to do in the pool. Now I throw in some minnows and its like Jaws.... LOL.... they are wonderful though.

56502_028.jpg

DAY BEFORE EASTER

56502_032.jpg

EASTER SUNDAY

56502_013.jpg

LAST WEEK

56502_011.jpg

Quote:
mine went outside on day 3 they were so dirty in the brooder I couldnt keep it clean LOL I made them a chicken wire pen with a pool in it with barely and water (it sat on a slant) so they could get wet if they wanted to and they had a tarp over their pen to keep them from predators and plus we have the best poultry watch dog in the whole wide world. so they have always been outside, aint no fuzz off their backs they LOVE it! LOL Did I mention the minnows in my other post.... JAWS I TELL YOU
lol.png
bahahahahaha

missred,wow your ducklings did grow fast...you can feed them minnows? do you feed them live or dead, and where did you get them?

duckyfromoz, so they can live outside depending on climate.....i live in england and its suprisingly warm! about 29 here, what would you say?

Back
Top Bottom