Coming down with a cold before Christmas :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Avalon1984, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Seriously? First my husband brought home a super bug from his trip to TN, so we had a stomach flu for a week, now I am congested to the point that my head wants to explode, running a fever. But co-workers look at you funny if you take a sick day unless you are half dead. Approaching this mark fast. Went through my first box of kleenex already this morning. [​IMG] I don't have time to be sick! [​IMG]

At least I have the BYC forum to cheer me up [​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I hope you don't give it to me [​IMG]

I have been sick every Christmas for the past three years. I have a cough right now. Geez. I hate being sick on Christmas!!

Nyquil is my friend.

3. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:Mine too. And Benedryl. But can't take it till I come home and I am done with chores [​IMG]

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I'm sorry you are sick. It sucks being sick at the holidays. I am just getting over a major cold. For 2 weeks I have fought with the sinus congestion and croupy cough. My head is better but still have a bit of the cough. I think we get so stressed at the holidays with the worry and the work that it lowers our immune system that the opportunistic cold germ sneaks in. Feel better! Take care of yourself. [​IMG] and if you need extra klennex we'll send you some [​IMG]

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Mine too. And Benedryl. But can't take it till I come home and I am done with chores [​IMG]

Chores are so much fun with Nyquil [​IMG]

It makes me very loopy. [​IMG]

6. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Ugh, right there with you. Mine started Saturday night and I still havn't kicked it! Luckily I don't work until Friday. I've gone through 2 boxes of Puffs Plus lotion, have Neti Pot(ted), drank immunity shots, vitamins, Day/Nyquils, and Ester Cs. Maybe it's time for Airborne?

7. ShashwatAcres

ShashwatAcres Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2011
    I have been sick for almost 2 weeks with a nasty cold and a horrible cough and its not getting any better so I can feel your pain lol, I hope I dont have it still on christmas or even on my birthday which is in a few days lol Get to feeling better soon

8. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Awww. You guys are sooooo sweet. My new horsie arrived at 3AM last Friday and I spent the next 2 days hovering over it and it was so cold and wet, I think that got to me. My nose is so plugged, I had stuff coming out of my eyes. Ewwwwwww. Can¬ít do Niquil before chores, did that ones and accidentally touched the fence (too loopy to realize it was on). Took me another couple seconds to realize I was touching it. [​IMG] Was not fun. Hubby will be home tomorrow so he can take care of me and hopefully not get infected too.

9. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:Yuck! I hope you feel better soon!

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by