Coming home to 2 dead Roosters!! HELP!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by zzDuality, Dec 16, 2013.

1. zzDuality

zzDuality New Egg

Dec 16, 2013
    Hello everyone at BYC !! My names Manny, im currently located in south florida been living here for about 15 years.. never had a problem like this.

We currently owned 2 male roosters, and 4 female hens. We keep the roosters sepperated in their cages with cement blocks to block the hatches from opening during the night.

Last night we arrived home and In shock i found that both roosters were out !! they were both dead far away from the cage, the cage itself had both blocks put on the hatches as if someone took out the roosters and then covered the cages again with the blocks of cement.

This really boils my blood, those two roosters were apart of the family almost!! they were beautiful and well fed strong birds. To get home and see them this way really makes me angry!!

Im pretty sure it was my neighboors since about a week ago he was talking with us about how beautiful our roosters are and the long tail feathers.

The thing is I have no proof!! Today i got home once more... and found a HEN OUTSIDE !!! she had damage both eyes and was blind !!! she was laying down not moving I was able to get her inside the cage care for the wounds and give her food. I checked all my other hens and they did not have scars!!

Right now im thinking about buying some surveillance cameras with nightvision to catch who is doing this!! Im pretty sure it is my neighboors since they recently are new, we know everyone else on the block and they are the only ones who knew we had chickens!!

If anyone has any tips or any good advice please help me !!

Today im passing by a place near Doral to buy a set of cameras for my backyard.

2. hosspak

hosspak Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    Get the cams and find out who's doing it. Make sure NO ONE knows even your friends about the cameras. Then when you find out, contact the police. Don't take matters into your own hands....Or only as a last resort... Good luck and good hunting...

3. I am so very sorry to hear about your 2 boys and your hen who is now blind! Could your neighbors be the ones hurting/killing them? That is awful! Keep us updated!
    [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please write down all the details and take pictures if you can -. I was going to suggest you follow any tracks in the snow then realized you are in Florida. Oooh !!

I don't suppose police would try to get fingerprints. Whoever is doing this is a very sick person. Do your new neighbors have kids? Do you think the eye damage was caused by physical assault, or maybe someone threw caustic chemicals at her?

Maybe motion detectors (with alarm if possible) would be good IF you can't get good images on the cameras. My heart goes out to you.

Many years ago someone poisoned our dog. He was never out of the yard and didn't stay out long. Nor did he spend time barking. Just a small dog. If we went back to the house, he was at the door in a flash asking to come back in. Luckily we got him to a vet asap and he was able to save him.

We had acts of vandalism before that - that was the last straw, we moved away as soon as we could. We had a good idea who did it but couldn't prove it. Several years later, one of the sons died . My parents went to the funeral and the father confessed and said he was sorry he & his kids, had caused us so much trouble.

I hope you discover who did this and the law punishes them to the hilt.

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC, from Canada!

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow Welcome to BYC and Happy Holidays! Sorry about your birds, hope you are able to figure out who/what is doing this with the cameras. Can you file a report about what has already happened?

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Happy that you joined us on this fine day! Happy holidays :)

8. Shalom Farm

Shalom Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    Florida
    Oh my, I am so sorry to hear that. I would definitely install the cameras. Do so with consideration to catch the face of whoever is doing it. Depending on your local laws, people found doing this can serve some serious prison time or fines for this type of animal abuse. It makes me sick to think someone would do such a thing. I'm so sorry for your loss.

9. Have you put up cameras?

10. x2! Do you have any updates?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by