COMING SOON: Baby chickens and fresh eggs for sale-ME

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by 77horses, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    my dad will be selling baby chickens soon in next Spring, and he will be selling fresh eggs![​IMG] But the hens are still too young to lay eggs, and we haven't bought enough chickens. But if you live in the New England area and are looking for fresh eggs to buy, then post below if interested. This is my dad's first time selling eggs.[​IMG]
    The hens that will be laying the eggs are Red Stars and Buff Orpingtons. We expect that the Buff Orps will be great mothers! They are fed with all natural cracked corn and laying mash. and there are no pesticides! Just fresh, home made eggs. post any questions if you like, and I will be sure to answer them. Thank you![​IMG]
    -77 horses

2. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    my dad may sell the eggs for $1.00 per dozen.[​IMG]

ok, well, maybe $1.50 is better? we don't really care about the price much, because we get along fine when paying for feed. we haven't been selling eggs yet since we had chickens last year because we started with two hens and some roosters, yet we still bought food and everything![​IMG] But, ya, I agree, with such high quality eggs as these ones, they should be high priced than $1.00.

ALSO: The egg's sizes are about medium to large. some are too big to fit in the cartons we have for large eggs!!!:eek:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  3. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    also, the roosters that will breed with them are Rhode Island Reds.[​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    $1 a dozen is too little for home grown eggs.

5. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Quote:I agree. That won't even come close to covering the feed bill.

6. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    ok, well, maybe $1.50 is better? we don't really care about the price much, because we get along fine when paying for feed. we haven't been selling eggs yet since we had chickens last year because we started with two hens and some roosters, yet we still bought food and everything!:DBut, ya, I agree, with such high quality eggs as these ones, they should be high priced than $1.00.

ALSO: The egg's sizes are about medium to large. some are too big to fit in the cartons we have for large eggs!!!:eek:

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    From the rules

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by