Commercial incubators on ebay

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Big Chicken Little, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Big Chicken Little

Big Chicken Little Chillin' With My Peeps

Just found a commercial incubator on ebay cheap Item no 300297067067 Check it out ...must be picked up in OR but the price is so right

2. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    That is a lab incubator for incubating anaerobes. They are C02 incubators so in order to hatch chicks with one you would need to disable the C02 generator and figure out a way to vent them for air. Usually these are water jaketed so if you drill them to put vents in they no longer are able to fill the jaket with warm water so then you just have a cabinet.

3. Big Chicken Little

Big Chicken Little Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL for a buck I thought it could be retrofitted

4. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    It could be if it is not Water Jacketed. The lab bators are high dollar equipment and very percise temp wise. Also very exspensive to fix.

I am always leary of ebay equipment that says "not tested"....it really isn't all that hard to plug one of these things in and turn it on.

For a dollar it would be a buck well spent for anybody local who could pick it up. If it is a water jacket model or just doesn't hold a temp there is more than a dollars worth of SS in it.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by