common sense fashion rules

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickaddict, May 17, 2010.

1. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    This thread was inspired by a need for bug spray. I had to leave my home and enter the world today.

#1 - Just because they make it in your size doesn't mean YOU were meant to wear it.
    EXAMPLE - very old woman in mini-shorts and a halter top

#2 - Check to see what you look like from the back before leaving the house.
    EXAMPLE - the same old woman happened to have butt-sag hanging BELOW her shorts and back-sag hanging over the
    back-strap of her halter top.

#3 - If your belly extends out further than your boobs, do not wear a bikini top with your shorts in a department store.
    EXAMPLE - she was a young girl with several children around her, she easily tipped the scales at 250 pounds or more.
    Maybe she thought she looked sexy, but the rest of us threw up a little.

#4 - If your feet are really ugly, don't wear flip-flops in public unless you're at the beach.
    EXAMPLE - unfortunately there were too many of these to list. Jeff Foxworthy once said," If your toenails are three
    different colors and NONE of them are polish - flip-flops are NOT for you."

After being grossed out by the first 2 women I started looking at the floor - which was why I noticed just how disgusting some toenails are. I'm going to stay home for awhile in an attempt to regain my appetite.

???????Anybody else have one?????????

2. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Skinny jeans...need I say more?

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Young girls seem to want to show their "muffin tops" now...that belly that hangs out all the way around above the belt.......NOT ATTRACTIVE!!!! DUH!

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Gosh dang, I didn't think anyone from BYC would be at the store today!

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:And is it me or do most young ladies have muffin tops these days? I don't ever remember girls having muffin tops when I was in high school (the late 70's), and our jeans were pretty tight back then too.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  6. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    If we feel the need to call you ''Britney Steers'' behind your back, you are obviously dressing inappropriately. This is in reference to my overweight 24 yr old sister who thinks she so hot and dresses as if she is very thin.

7. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    I'm going to second the "just cause you can - doesn't mean you should"!

This rule also applies to low rise jeans. If you're a size 32, "low rise" is not a fashion statement you should be making.....I'm an 18 - trust me - not pretty!!!

Oh, and bras - ladies ladies ladies - out in public="girl" support!!!!

socks and sandles - DON'T DO IT!!!!!

I'm by no means a "fashionista", but seriously people use a MIRROR!!!!

8. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    Quote:And is it me or do most young ladies have muffin tops. I don't ever remember girls having muffin tops when I was in high school (the late 70's), and our jeans were pretty tight back then too.

everybody has a muffin top - it only appears if your pants are too tight. You could be 6feet tall and weigh 120 pounds, but if your pants are too tight then you will have a muffin top. It's seems to be the easiest way for a skinny person to look fat.

9. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

I have noticed, looking at my mom's HS pics from the 70's, that they were all so slim without being anorexic looking. the girls in my senior class of 2003 were skinny in that emaciated way, and the ones of us who werent (I am 5'8" and weighed 135 when I graduated, NOT fat) were called fat... I didnt have a muffin top unless I wore my jeans too tight. I have discovered that a higher waist hides a multitude of rolls!

10. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    Do not wear UGGS. EVER. These are the most hideous creations the Fashion World has tricked us into buying. I think they were originally meant as a joke....shoe designers punking each other....we thought they were serious.
    Step away from the UGGS. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by