1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Compare a cockerel and pullet cochin here at 6 weeks old.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Can someone check out my pics please, please, and let me know if you agree with me? Do I have a pair of cochins??

3. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    Well I am so new to all of this that I really don't know that I can help at all, but it does look like a pair of cochins, just like I think I have a pair of barred rocks. One has red comb and is getting red where the wattles would form, and the other is still the color that they were and not much comb growth. Same with my buff orp pair. Good luck hope someone can give you a definitive answer.

4. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Yeah, I would agree you have one of each......but, they have fooled me before : )

5. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    I would agree with you.. you have a pair..

6. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Sure looks like a pair to me. But, I've never had Cochins.

7. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    [​IMG]
    Yes you have one of each And they are nice Cochins dont need much effort at all to make them spoiled To much and they think they are human [​IMG] Cochins are some of the best there is for alot of reasons and seems more people would have some

Mike [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Looks like a pair to me.

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

THANK YOU ALL~! I'm smiling from ear to ear with that news? They also like to hang out together all day long [​IMG] They are both so very sweet! The only time they peck at you is if there happens to be a mosquito on your leg to eat [​IMG]

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    They are very pretty [​IMG] Love that boys face in the first picture

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by