Comparing Taste Question

kenman

Songster
11 Years
Jul 10, 2008
Southwest Missouri
I recently purchased some average size Coturnix: browns, whites, goldens, and some tuxedos. I culled several roosters from each color, we fried the leg quarters and breast meat. The flavor of each was excellent. I am wondering if the Jumbo browns or Texas A&M's taste different and/or better? In other words, is there a reason to purchase these larger birds?

I actually do notice a little bit of difference in taste. The whites are what I would say taste more like a chicken, not as gamey. But overall all quail taste a lot alike that is just being picky.

No. The Difference Is That With Some Colors Or Absence Of Color (a&m Or White) The Sexes Are Not As Readily Noted By Feather Coloration---browns And Goldens Are The Easiest To Sex By Just Looking At Their Chest Once Wearing Adult Plumage---- Like Here, I Keep Hens And Eat Surplus Roos---- So If Its An Easy Color To Tell Sex Difference Then Its Less Work To Seperate And I Dont End Up Accidentally Eating My Layers!

To Say All Quail Taste Alike Is Waaaaayyyyyyy Wrong! All Coturnix Taste Alike, As Do All Bobs, Gambels, Valleys... Etc. But Each Individual Speces Tastes Differently Than Other Speces. Case In Point Bobs Are Wayyyy Better Tasting Than Coturnix. Hope That Helps!

Back
Top Bottom