Comparison pics, roo?

richsbabycakes

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 24, 2012
West Central Florida
I got this EE and of course we were told he's an Americauna pullet but when I posted his pics in August the consensus was roo. The first pic is from August 17 and I don't know his age then but I guessed about 8-10 weeks. The second set of pics is from today. No crowing, no squatting, no eggs. Actually, he doesn't vocalize at all and I'm wondering if it's possible to have a mute chicken. He is low on the pecking order too and runs from everything. What do you think? Roo?

I had a cockerel who never crowed... He was low also. Big bird, but very timid. Never even tried to mount a hen. I knew he was a boy because of the tail, hackles, saddles... He was all over a boy, but just....

Last edited:
That is defiitely a rooster, sorry. The feathers confirm it, if it was just based on comb/wattles - I would have guessed pullet.
_MG_4382.jpg
Classic Rooster Feathering (ignore clouring). I'm going to say he is an EE without a beard. He has other EE traits (legs are green, comb is a pea comb). I have a pure white EE pullet
_MG_5274.jpg
Here she is at 22 weeks old.

I would take him off your hands for my white girls. I'd like to have more white EEs. :p The beards seem to be dominant. Out of my crossed chicks (EE x whatever) none are lacking beards. At least as day olds anyway. They all are beardless now as they are lacking baby fuzz and growing big girl/boy feathers.

Back
Top Bottom