Competition for Wayne's ugliest coop..that's nothing compared to this!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Kelly G, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I didn't want to hijack his thread for my pictures! But here is our beauty! It use to be a shed for a pet deer (previous home-owner)...We are hoping to embrace its personality as we finish it and paint it.

I got great ideas from Wayne about hanging things :) from it, now!

Here you go:

[​IMG]

2. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I dont think its ugly at all, it looks very nice. I love the nest boxes! I need to build me some..

3. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

OH how cute!! [​IMG] I Love it !!! Very quaint!! [​IMG]

4. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    My duck hut and pen are uglier [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

Quote:Hey, now! That looks down right CREATIVE!!! Are those cupboard doors? I love it!! Maximum use of minimum space!

Thanks for the compliments on mine! I'm looking forward to painting it this weekend.

I'm going to put a Chic-fil-a-like slogan on it....I'm going to spray paint it: "Eat more steak" or something like that.

I'm also going to put on it the "campy" name I picked: "A chick, Her Peeps, and a Little Bit of Basil Egg Company" The Basil part of it is a tip-of-the-hat to my father-in-law who is beginning to enjoy the chickens with me.

Anyway...blah blah blah....I tend to go on [​IMG] and on!

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    its not ugly! i like it!

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm going to put a Chic-fil-a-like slogan on it....I'm going to spray paint it: "Eat more steak" or something like that.

I love it! LOL

Yes, those are old cupboard doors. Also, recycled restaurant shelving, futon frame pieces, and an old garbage can coral [​IMG]

8. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think we have all recycled very well for our coops. You guys did a great job! The question we should ask ourselves is "what do the chickens think?" Of course they don't care what it looks like as long as it's safe, warm and dry!!!

9. Kung Foo Chicken

Kung Foo Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

I've got four large ones out back that can make this look like a palace. I traded a few dozen eggs with a friend of the family for his dilapidated chicken coops because the wood is oak and solid. I'm going to scrap them for the lumber, tin, and corrugated panels, and make somewhat prettier coops (If you call what I build pretty). He has about 70 of them behind his property and said I could get all that I want to build with. I'll take photos of them tomorrow.

I like your nest boxes very much.

10. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Kelly G nice coop! Wifezilla nice duck hut! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by