complaint about chats

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by kronenwetter, Jul 2, 2010.

1. kronenwetter

kronenwetter Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2010
    I have been using this board ever since I got my little flock of 5 back in April. Of late, when I log in to chat and ask some very important questions about chicken behavior, others are talking about buying cars, what their wives like, and the weather. I gently ask my question.....no reply......wait, wait, then ask again if someone would please reply......wait, wait. And nothing is ever said about my question or about CHICKENS. I am giving up....it has been very frustrating to me. Aren't we supposed to be talking about chickens?

2. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    On other boards that I've been in chat, rarely is the topic about the board subject. It's just a place to...well, chat! And most times when you're not answered I'd believe that no one knows the answer.

3. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Yep, if you have a question about your flock just post it in the appropriate section of the forum. Sometimes questions get missed or people just don't know, but it's a great resource.
    The search function on the blue bar---Index User list Rules Search My Page.......can be very helpfull too. Like Wolfwoman said, chat is mostly just chat and not limited to or even mostly about chicken stuff.

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Good answer, Kittymomma.

Hi, Kronenwetter -- [​IMG]

Your best bet for getting some help with your chickens would be to use the actual BYC message board as opposed to chat. We don't have any rules about topics to be discussed in the chat room, other than people need to use good netiquette (i.e. no scrolling or screaming) and shouldn't be talking about adult topics. The topic will change depending on who's in there, and a lot of times, the young people on BYC use it as a place to hang out.

When you have questions, make sure tart a new thread for each unrelated question/issue.

I did look through your recent posts and saw where you had a question about dust bathing. You got a ton of replies to that. I saw in your dust bathing thread that you also have a question about pecking order. Try asking that question in the "Chicken Behaviors" section, and I'm sure you'll get some replies. However, I am going to respond to you in the dust bathing thread for now, just because I know you're really hurting for some help.

If you need any future help with how to use the forum, feel free to PM whatever moderator is online. If none of us are online, you can certainly post here in the "Feedback" section (like you did), and we'll try to get back to you as quickly as we can. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by