1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Computer fan Help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gabrielle1976, Mar 26, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Ok just for you search people I did a search and I found lots of stuff but I did not find the specific answer to my specific question.
    I have a red wire and a black wire on my computer fan , the man at the 2nd hand computer place said the black wire was the ground wire , ??
    my question is on my cell phone charger there is a smooth wire and a wire that has a grove along the side , what one do I wire the black wire to ????

Thank you.

2. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Strip the wires down from the charger a little bit and you should see colors on the wires. We had to do the same thing. Then go from there.

3. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    on my stereo the groove is the red one.

4. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Thank you.
    I got it running lol I could shoot the guy down there .. lol he only charged me 50 cents for it but I wanted one of the ones that were bigger lol and he said they didnt work yeah shure so he sold me a tiny one. It barely moves the air but I figure it will help a tiny bit till I go back and get a bigger one and at least now I know how to wire them.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by