computer geeks help me

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicken Lover 1, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Chicken Lover 1

Chicken Lover 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    santa rosa california
    I want to get wifi in my house for my ipad. Is their any way to turn it off so wifi is not flowing through the house all the time??????

if this is a stupid ? dont laugh i am new to this stuff

2. J-Sanders

J-Sanders Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2012
    Why do you want to stop the wifi from working all the time?

But to stop it you just turn off the wifi by unplugging it or if the one you have has a power button just turn it off.

Jim

3. Chicken Lover 1

Feb 1, 2012
    santa rosa california
    i dont want it flowing through the house all the time my younger sister belives it is bad for u

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I have Wifi Flowing all the time at my house. It has had no effect whats so ever on my health.

5. J-Sanders

Jul 28, 2012
    Well, that will be hard to overcome. She isn't aware of the fact that we are subjected to radio waves from all over the universe 24 hrs a day?

6. Wolfhound668

Wolfhound668 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2012
    "There is no consistent evidence to date that exposure to radio signals from Wi-Fi and WLANs adversely affects the health of the general population. The signals are very low power, typically 0.1 watt (100 milliwatts) in both the computer and the router (access point), and the results so far show exposures are well within the internationally-accepted guidelines from the International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP). Based on current knowledge and experience, radio frequency (RF) exposures from Wi-Fi are likely to be lower than those from mobile phones. Also, the frequencies used in Wi-Fi are broadly the same as those from other RF applications such as FM radio, TV and mobile phones.".

Source - http://www.hpa.org.uk/webw/HPAweb&Page&HPAwebAutoListName/Page/1199451940308

7. Chicken Lover 1

Feb 1, 2012
    santa rosa california
    so should i get one that has a on off button and when it is off their is no radio waves flowing through the house

8. J-Sanders

Jul 28, 2012
    Yes. But you will still have radio waves flowing through your house. They won't be from the WIFI though.

Jim

9. Chicken Lover 1

Feb 1, 2012
    santa rosa california
    cool thank you all

10. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

I had to share I saw a pic on facebook the other day saying to really worry your neighbors name your wifi network "FBI surveillance van"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by