Concerned about a dark spot on silkie egg, day 24

Samrox4u

Hatching
Mar 21, 2022
I had 5 silkie eggs scheduled to hatch on Friday day 21, we have had only one successfully hatch, one died during hatching in its shell and then we were worried last night and candled the remaining 3 eggs and 2 have no movement and 1 has movement but a dark spot on shell, I assumed the eggs was rotting, but glad I didn’t toss it!
A little background on the eggs, they were shipped to us and the airsacs seem large in the remaining eggs and a bit saddled.
Should I just leave this egg alone? It’s day 24, I’m so afraid of losing the last chick from this hatch. Or do you think something is wrong? Here is a photo

Attachments

• 9C7F43BA-6034-4F5D-AC00-D9EA5DDEECEB.jpeg
    9C7F43BA-6034-4F5D-AC00-D9EA5DDEECEB.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 27
I had 5 silkie eggs scheduled to hatch on Friday day 21, we have had only one successfully hatch, one died during hatching in its shell and then we were worried last night and candled the remaining 3 eggs and 2 have no movement and 1 has movement but a dark spot on shell, I assumed the eggs was rotting, but glad I didn’t toss it!
A little background on the eggs, they were shipped to us and the airsacs seem large in the remaining eggs and a bit saddled.
Should I just leave this egg alone? It’s day 24, I’m so afraid of losing the last chick from this hatch. Or do you think something is wrong? Here is a photo
bruising can indicate that a chick is trying to pip the wrong end. Have you candled the air cell to check for an internal pip? Could you see the yolk through candling?
AgnesGray linked a great article, definitely check that out!

Back
Top Bottom