Concerned about time sensitivity

EriLynCap

Chirping
Aug 11, 2022
First time letting hen hatch her eggs... They were pipped today and she got off the nest... She went back soaked from rain. I don't know how long she was off. I checked tonight and there is one baby completely hatched. Should I do anything or just check in the morning and be prepared to have lost half the babies?

First time letting hen hatch her eggs... They were pipped today and she got off the nest... She went back soaked from rain. I don't know how long she was off. I checked tonight and there is one baby completely hatched. Should I do anything or just check in the morning and be prepared to have lost half the babies?
Just let Mother Nature take her course 😁 hens are the best at hatching chicks, they know their stuff. I honestly wouldn’t worry.

Follow-up we have 7 healthy babies following momma around... Lost 3 During the hatch and moved the last few to the incubator... Posted new thread about concerns regarding egg wiggling with viable chick weeping after viability float test... One of these eggs had a question mark from 3/19 because I couldn't tell if it had started when candling so it may have a whole extra week from another momma sneaking an extra couple eggs in after the hen started setting.

Follow-up we have 7 healthy babies following momma around... Lost 3 During the hatch and moved the last few to the incubator... Posted new thread about concerns regarding egg wiggling with viable chick weeping after viability float test... One of these eggs had a question mark from 3/19 because I couldn't tell if it had started when candling so it may have a whole extra week from another momma sneaking an extra couple eggs in after the hen started setting.
Oh wow 🤩 congratulations :wee

Back
Top Bottom