CONCERNED- Norie losing her quack again... insight?

nettie

Enslaved by Indoor Ducks
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
Our poor little Norie, who suffers from lung issues, has lost her quack. Not sure if she quacked herself out, the weather is too dry, or if she's flaring up again. Not sure whether to take her to the vet or let her try to recover at home. I've put her beside out humidifier and have brought her "hospital" tub into the bathroom with the shower on to get some more vapor in the air. When she quacks loud, she sounds fine, but her quieter quacks sound like she's lost her voice. I had the same thing last week and got better with adding the humidifier in my room, so could it be related?

She's also getting glycerine treatments down the throat to help sooth it. Her appetite is fine and she's not listless or lethargic. She doesn't sound really wheezy or anything, just can't seem to quack quietly. If anyone can add some insight, i'd appreciate it...

thanks!

Last edited:
Awww, poor Norie, she's been through so much. Sounds like you are doing the best you can for her. If she gets worse, maybe a chest x-ray will point out the problem?
hugs.gif

Jeez Nettie, I can't help with your questions, but I'm pulling for Norie and hoping everything will get better. Any updates?

Feel her throat and be sure she hasn't swallowed a pebble or something she shouldn't..."Downtown Brown" got a pebble caught in her throat earlier in the season. Some olive oil and throat massage got her to pass it and she was back to quack!

Back
Top Bottom