1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Condensation in incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ADuckOnQuack, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ADuckOnQuack

ADuckOnQuack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    England
    Is it normal to see condensation inside a incubator? [​IMG]

2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Have you upped the humidity for hatch? That is the only time I see condensation. What is your humidity reading?

3. ADuckOnQuack

May 20, 2016
    England
    No on day 2[​IMG] just put a little humidity reader inside and left it for a bit and it says 35% which is far to low but when I started it yesterday I filled it up to the max. As it tilts the water leaked out but some still remains

4. SunHwaKwon

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    What type of eggs are you incubating? I usually incubate around 20% so 35% is not too low.

5. ADuckOnQuack

May 20, 2016
    England
    Duck eggs. I always thought it had to be the 50% region. And 3 days to hatch it goes up to 80%?

6. SunHwaKwon

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    You might check in the duck forum. Even amongst us chicken hatchers, the humidity information you get will vary, and some of it has to do with location (altitude, temperatures, etc) I think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by