1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Conehead is growing and crowing New Pics plus

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BamaChicken, Dec 27, 2007.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Yes conehead is growing up. He is still crowing and scaring the other chicks. He is definitely the Alpha cockeral. Now around 6 weeks old he is still has a lot of feathering in to do around the chin and head and neck area.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Conehead showing off
    [​IMG]
    Here is Blue chick around three to four weeks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Splash Chick same age
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another blue rear view
    [​IMG]
    Front view
    [​IMG]

Yet another Blue
    [​IMG]
    Two week old splash black and one partridge.
    [​IMG]

That is all. Just got stir crazy from being housebound. It has warmed up outside today.

2. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Very cute chicks. I never get tired of seeing chicks. [​IMG] Is conehead the one that hatched early in the turner awhile back?

3. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Yes, that is him and he has kept up a ruckus ever since. i can't wait for a few more weeks when he is done feathering. I think I may have more than one black cockeral though. I love looking at the chicks too. I go out and watch them playing in their little boxes. How are your chicks doing?

4. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Very cute chicks! Is that splash chick on the "chopping block"? (the saw is in the background) LOL

5. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like Conehead is quite a bit bigger than the other chicks. What a cutie!!!

6. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Quote:I love to just sit out in the grow out pen and watch the chicks too. I got this picture last night of Blue Boys son.
    [​IMG]
    He will not be tucking his head for long.

7. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    All snuggled up and sleeping. How cute. I fee like we have been on guard for days. I heard the chickens making a fuss the other day when I was feeling so poorly and I jumped up and ran to the door. A big hawk flew up out of the outside run of Blue Boys pen and no chickens to be seen. I was in my PJs and had a throw wrapped around me but I ran out there and they were all hiding behind tubs, in corners, all except my Precious Blue Boy who was waiting for the fight. I hope this next week weather permitting we can cover the runs on my large birds.
    Skeeter, Conehead is about a week or so older than most of them in that box. I think I have a two week span in that group.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by