Confession: I am addicted to chickens!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by flynntheduck, Aug 28, 2014.

1. flynntheduck

flynntheduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2014
    Well now that my girls are laying and have developed their personalities I have fallen for them. :D I want allllll the chickens! I have ducks also and didn't even want chickens at all. But now ducks are being rehomed. They are a lot more work! Ok what is your confession?

2. lightchick

lightchick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    I love chickens, but now I want a duck! BTW: I think we all are addicted to chickens!

1 person likes this.
  3. Farm Girl 1

Farm Girl 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2014
    Hello, my username is Farm Girl 1, and I'm a chickenholic.

1 person likes this.
  4. jonalisa

jonalisa Codswallop!

May 28, 2013
    NH
    My Coop
    Grant me the serenity to accept the number of chickens I have,
    The patience to add more chickens slowly,
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

5. flynntheduck

Mar 30, 2014
    Bwahahahahahaha!

6. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    I currently have a Broody sitting on 11 eggs, and I want babies!

LOTS AND LOTS OF BABIES! [​IMG]

I am quietly hoping another one of my girls will go broody, and have kept a few eggs out of the fridge in the hope that I can secretly sneak some into a nest box and one of the BO's will sit on them - all without my hubby finding out!

He said I can keep up to 4 pullets from the Broody that is currently nesting, but I want MORE!

(Maybe I'm broody.........!)

- Krista

7. evanthos

evanthos New Egg

Oct 23, 2013
    GREECE_ATHENS
    i have had 4 hens this year that passed but i want a lot more!!!!!
    i want all the breeds that with give me all different colour of eggs,but my spece is limited....
    i live in the city and i have the coop on the roof top of my house.... :)

8. flynntheduck

Mar 30, 2014
    I have 2 laying hens, 2 chicks in a brooder, and I ordered 6 more chicks that have an estimated ship date of 9/10. I can't wait! Funny thing is that I don't think any of them lay white eggs. Up until my barred rocks started laying I had never eaten a brown egg. Hahahaha! :p

9. ktn65

ktn65 Out Of The Brooder

A friend convinced my to try raising Cornish Cross meat birds. While I was raising them I would enjoy just watching their chicken antics. I realized that those birds were only going to be around for four more weeks, I decided to get 9 layers, and one died at about two weeks old. I have since aquired antoehr batch of CX to raise for the freezer and am already concidering the 3, 4 or6 layers I want to get next spring. I mean I made my coop and run large enough to hold 14 or so birds. Plenty of room. Right? [​IMG]

But what to get. I love my BRs RRs and BOs, but Speckled Sussex look cool, and I think I would like to try Black Australorps, and I really like the Cream Legbars. [​IMG]

OH! And I'm starting to like the light sussex too. And there is the blue and lavender orps....... [​IMG]

[​IMG] I think I need help...... [​IMG]

And I think this is the best place to come....... right?

[​IMG]

I think I'm going to go out and watch the chickens for a while. It is relaxing. [​IMG]

10. flynntheduck

Mar 30, 2014
    My brooder babies are a golden laced wyandotte and a bantam black cochin. My ordered babies are a blue silkie, white silkie, "assorted" polish, a silver laced wyandotte, an easter egger, and a salmon faverolle. I cannot wait for them to get here! I am so excited!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by