Confession: I am addicted to chickens!

flynntheduck

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 30, 2014
Well now that my girls are laying and have developed their personalities I have fallen for them. :D I want allllll the chickens! I have ducks also and didn't even want chickens at all. But now ducks are being rehomed. They are a lot more work! Ok what is your confession?

Grant me the serenity to accept the number of chickens I have,
The patience to add more chickens slowly,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

I currently have a Broody sitting on 11 eggs, and I want babies!

LOTS AND LOTS OF BABIES!
jumpy.gif

I am quietly hoping another one of my girls will go broody, and have kept a few eggs out of the fridge in the hope that I can secretly sneak some into a nest box and one of the BO's will sit on them - all without my hubby finding out!

He said I can keep up to 4 pullets from the Broody that is currently nesting, but I want MORE!

(Maybe I'm broody.........!)

- Krista

i have had 4 hens this year that passed but i want a lot more!!!!!
i want all the breeds that with give me all different colour of eggs,but my spece is limited....
i live in the city and i have the coop on the roof top of my house.... :)

I have 2 laying hens, 2 chicks in a brooder, and I ordered 6 more chicks that have an estimated ship date of 9/10. I can't wait! Funny thing is that I don't think any of them lay white eggs. Up until my barred rocks started laying I had never eaten a brown egg. Hahahaha! :p

A friend convinced my to try raising Cornish Cross meat birds. While I was raising them I would enjoy just watching their chicken antics. I realized that those birds were only going to be around for four more weeks, I decided to get 9 layers, and one died at about two weeks old. I have since aquired antoehr batch of CX to raise for the freezer and am already concidering the 3, 4 or6 layers I want to get next spring. I mean I made my coop and run large enough to hold 14 or so birds. Plenty of room. Right?
cool.png

But what to get. I love my BRs RRs and BOs, but Speckled Sussex look cool, and I think I would like to try Black Australorps, and I really like the Cream Legbars.
wee.gif

OH! And I'm starting to like the light sussex too. And there is the blue and lavender orps.......
droolin.gif

ya.gif
I think I need help......
ya.gif

And I think this is the best place to come....... right?

gig.gif

I think I'm going to go out and watch the chickens for a while. It is relaxing.
tongue.png

My brooder babies are a golden laced wyandotte and a bantam black cochin. My ordered babies are a blue silkie, white silkie, "assorted" polish, a silver laced wyandotte, an easter egger, and a salmon faverolle. I cannot wait for them to get here! I am so excited!!!!

Back
Top Bottom