Confession: I'm an egg giving snob!

augustmomx2

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Central Indiana
I have 10 laying girls and will give away my extras to family and friends on regular occasions. Lately, I have spread the wealth to people I work with etc as well. Now I find myself being a snob over who I give them to!
hide.gif
I want people to enjoy the taste difference between homegrown and store-bought eggs. Those that tell me they used a dozen of my eggs to make a store-bought cake or zucchini bread, I'm not too willing to give away another dozen. But if someone tells me there is a taste difference, or it reminds them of their grandparent's house, well I'll give them eggs until the cows come home. Anyone else like this, am I being a total snob or what?!?
tongue.png

Sounds reasonable to me. Why give eggs to those who have no clue or dont appreciate the goodness that you gave them. If your giving them away then you have every right to be a snob.

I gave my eggs away when the girls first started laying, like 2 or 3 to someone just so they could get a taste. Those who liked them and appreciated them came back and are now regular costumers. We have 8 familys that we (the girls) supply, at $3.00 a dozen. I think people appreciate them for if they have to pay for them. They are the only pet we have that pays for themselves.
smile.png

Amen to that!

I charge a bundle for my girls' eggs and STILL I won't sell to just about anyone!

I know and see how much WORK goes into a single egg, they are all precious!
lol.png

Hi,

I don't have that many people that I give eggs to, but they all have raved about the taste. I am VERY careful who I give my green eggs to, as I have heard some comments (not from the people I give my eggs to) that they are "gross" because of the color. I ask them first if they will eat them because I don't want them to be thrown out, as they are my favorites! So far no one has refused them.
smile.png
Genie

I give mine mostly to family, though we have a neighbor down the road who's having a rough time finding work and has several small children to feed, so I do send them eggs when I have extra. We had a next door neighbor (who has since moved, thank goodness!) that I sent a dozen to. I never got so much as a "thank you," so I didn't send them any more. I definitely want my girls' eggs to be used and appreciated; they work too hard to lay them to give them to just anyone
smile.png

Well, then I am a snob too! I have never sold an egg but I will give them to friends of mine and a couple of neighbors. They really appreciate them and can tell a difference from store bought eggs. They also know I only keep 5 girls and NEVER ask for eggs - I will share extras, they know. I have give some to some co-workers and one of them never even said thank you or that they were good....so why should I waste my girls efforts???? I enjoy sharing what I can with those that understand and appreciate. I don't expect anything in return, just that they 'recognize' a good thing.....

Back
Top Bottom