confirm that my Buff Orpington is a cockerel =( [small pic heavy]

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ohwhippets, Nov 28, 2009.

1. ohwhippets

ohwhippets Out Of The Brooder

I've been holding out hope for a long while, and this fella hasn't crowed, so he has managed to preserve his life. Can y'all confirm what I've got here is a cockerel?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Thats a boy! Here is a pic of one of mine to compare it to [​IMG]

3. ohwhippets

Thanks! I sure wish he'd been a pullet. [​IMG]

4. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Yes, that's a boy. [​IMG]

And who's the one below him in that one picture – the dark, dark red one?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  5. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    definatley boy

6. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Cock-a-doodle-dooooooooo

7. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd keep him awhile longer, he and that dark red roo seem to get along fine and your hens look like no one's abusing them either:) I love my BO roo and am raising a few of his son's right now to see if they are also worth their weight in gold as he is!

8. ohwhippets

Quote:I already have waaaaaay too many roos at this point... he & the Buckeye you mentioned, and the Kraienkoppe all get along, but I've also got another Welsummer cockerel (in separate lodging [​IMG]) too! I don't want to feed all these boys through the winter. [​IMG]

9. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL, I have three extra roo's in w/the ducks right now that will have their own flocks in time. I keep a "bachelor pad" for the extra roo's lately and always have too many, too. If Buckeye's are that beautiful, I'd better go investigate... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by