1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Confirmation on muscovy sex

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Quackers08, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Quackers08

Quackers08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2012
    Cornwall, England
    Hello. I am selling 4 of my muscovy ducks in a few days and i am pretty sure the ratio is 3:3. Equal males to females. Could you please tell me if I am right, and how much to sell them for in pairs (english pounds) Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Looks like you are right on gender. (bottom picture) the 3 on thr right look like large males and the 3 on the left look like females.
    Males will be almost twice the size of the females, so if they are all roughly the same age then you have the genders correct.

As far as pricing goes, ask around in your area. What muscovy ducks sell for here (Maine, USA) could very well be completely different then over there in England.
    Here, the males go for $15-25 each and females I've seen as low as $10, and as high as $30. So I giess it depends on your area, the demand for them, and the price people are willing to pay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by