Confirmed what we Knew deep down

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by thechickenkeeper, Jan 13, 2009.

1. thechickenkeeper

thechickenkeeper Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Well folks thats it! Maria has gone to a kind of rooster heaven, no she hasn’t died, just back home really, we went with her in a box out to the breeder where we got her, and as they say ‘ it took just one look’, rooster!, said Raewyn. Funny how you will ignore lots of tell tale signs, like a massive comb, sickle tail feathers, constant framing up to the other chicks, in the hope that the bird you have grown attached to doesn’t have to go, but alas she/he , no definately he has gone.

Will he now have an identity issue, after being called Maria for two months and living with 7 girls, now he is in what raewyn calls the rooster pen, I dread to imagine what is happening for poor old Maria, as he was frightened of a butterfly, so I imagine 20+ other roosters must be like being thrown into a big fight club for him.

I’m sure he’ll do fine, he might turn out to be super tough like the boy named sue in the Johnny cash song.

2. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    The same thing has happened here way too many times. Currently we have a beautiful BO named "August" who we thought was a sweet little pullet. [​IMG] I have never admitted this to anyone but myself... I think August is a cockerel. shhh. That means ALL 3 of my BOs are boys.

3. mychickensrock

mychickensrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    We just had to return a BO this past Saturday because "she" turned out to be a "he". It was kinda sad. I just hope Muffy doesn't get eaten. It seemed like the boy features just showed up over night.

4. brownfarms

brownfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    San Diego Area, CA
    Just had to say that I'm Michelle too and I'm married to a "Farmer Brown". But I'm in CA so I don't think we're the same person....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by