1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Confused about brinsea egg turner!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by nipper75, Mar 12, 2013.

1. nipper75

nipper75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    NorthEast PA
    I have the brinsea mini advance incubator with the automatic turner. However I am so confused about the egg turners function. Doesn't roll the egg over from left to right? What's with angle? Please help!!! [​IMG]

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    The instructions talk about what angle is best for what sized eggs. It seems like from what I've observed with mine, it just rolls them a little bit to the one side each time. I can't remember if it's left to right or right to left.

I will say that I've always had a fantastic hatch rate with my little Brinsea though.

3. nipper75

Mar 5, 2011
    NorthEast PA
    Do y
    The instructions talk about what angle is best for what sized eggs.  It seems like from what I've observed with mine, it just rolls them a little bit to the one side each time. I can't remember if it's left to right or right to left.

I will say that I've always had a fantastic hatch rate with my little Brinsea though.
    [/quot

Do you find that it is doing a compete 180? Isn't that necessary? TY

4. The Banty Babe

The Banty Babe New Egg

Feb 20, 2013
    I was wondering the same thing. I was told to turn the angle to 15 so I did. It still just rotates them around. It doesn't actually turn them. I am curious if the eggs should also be turning?

5. Sphinx

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    If you mark the eggs with a number or x or something like that, you'll see that sometimes the writing is up, and sometimes it's down. They seem to rotate just fine.

6. nipper75

Mar 5, 2011
    NorthEast PA

7. nipper75

Mar 5, 2011
    NorthEast PA
    Banty Babe, I was wondering the same. It doesn't actually " turn" them from one side to the other. It just rotates them. Is this right Sphinx? And... Thanks for your help!! [​IMG]

8. jan12

jan12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2013
    South Western Connecticut
    I have the Brinsea Mini Adv, and I found the same thing - that it just rotates the eggs around... until I realized I installed the disk upside down. Dohh! So glad I stuck around to watch it happen the first time. Flip your disk over and see what happens. Good luck!

9. Sphinx

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    IF you look at the disk, there's two sides. One is smooth, and the other has pie shaped wedges raised up in it. The textured side should be up.

It doesn't rotate them the full 180 degrees. But, if you are having it turn frequently, like every 15-20 minutes, it really doesn't need to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by