Confused...boy or girl?

starfroggie

Songster
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Walla Walla
Well shoot, last week I thought for sure I had two female Salmon Faverolles. Now it looks like one is getting some black feathering. What do you guys think? Do I have two hens or a hen and a roo?

Thanks!

gladys-ida32708c.jpg

gladys-ida32708b.jpg

gladys-ida32708a.jpg

glady-ida32708d.jpg

I think there is a boy and a girl.

And, off subject, but every time I see Walla Walla, I think of the Fuller Brush Company.

Thanks Bugs for instilling that life long memory.......

i saw ur other post with pics also and i thought they were both pullets at first. then saw there was an added color so i thought a pair. to be honest i think seeing them again it is 2 pullets and one is off color like it is a hatchery stock baby and at that age a roo should be a definate pink comb and dark in wings noticeable. ur's don't look how mine hatched boys and grew it looks different to me so i'm pretty sure it's a girl.

if u go on my site link in my siggy and go to the mixed pen i have i have pics of a pair on their that r purebred bantams a little older than urs. couse they look totally different now since older and have adult looks but due to winter i don't have updated pics but mabe it will help to see what u should be seeing soon to know for sure. i don't know if i have any younger pics will have to check my comp. usually they hide from the cam though,lol.
hope mabe that helps ya some,
silkie

Thank you to everyone for the responses, I appreciate each and every one of them! These chicks came from Duane Urch, so supposed to be better quality than a hatchery but I guess time will tell? I will try to get a wing shot soon.

Back
Top Bottom