Confused Chicken! LOL

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
I went to one of my chicken coops and I go inside and sit on the roost like I always do. Beepbeep my favorite pullet was over in the corner of the coop taking a Dust Bath. Well as soon as she saw me sit down she jumps up and dives into my lap and stands up and shacks all the dust/poo into my lap!
roll.png
THEN she plopps down ( in my lap mind you! ) and starts "Trying" to take a dust bath in my lap!!!
gig.gif
Talk about a confused chicken!
lau.gif

I then try and explain to her that momma's lap isn't a dust bath!
wink.png
( Can't ya just see me .... ) I then push her off my lap and tell her she's a "Bad Chickie!" Well she gives me the "I can't believe you did that look" and jumps right back into my lap and starts taking another dust bath. I finally gave in and let her take her dust bath in my lap ...
roll.png
... while she's "Dusting" herself I'm petting her .. well I stop petting her and she start grabbing at my cloths and pecking my pants and giving me a "Nasty" look!
She spots my shiney necklace that I'm wearing and she starts pecking it ...

Here are some pics of the Goofy Girl!
tongue.png

47807_beepbeeb_.jpg

47807_beepbeeb_2.jpg

47807_beepbeeb_3.jpg

47807_beepbeeb_4.jpg

47807_beepbeeb_5.jpg

47807_beepbeeb_6.jpg

47807_beepbeeb_7.jpg

47807_beepbeeb_8.jpg

47807_beepbeeb_9.jpg

47807_beepbeeb_10.jpg

I took other pictures of my chickens, but didn't want to overload you guys!
smile.png

banjoejoe4783: Beepbeeb is a Grey American Game Pullet X Easter Egger .. she has a brother and a sister .. they don't look anything like her!
lol.png
She is the Odd-Ball out of the bunch!
tongue.png

BlackWatchLady: Aw -
hugs.gif

Beepbeeb's mom ( Game Hen, Very Wild ) had a nest of eggs in the barn and once all the chicks hatched we got in there and caught the momma ( I still dunno how we did it!
roll.png
) and then we caught 3 babies and my brother stepped on a chick ( not meaning to, he was chasing the crazy mom around ) and squished it's guts out! (
sickbyc.gif
)
hit.gif
ep.gif
th.gif
hit.gif
Anyway I get the mom and her babies all settled in a nice warm hutch .. I go back outside and I hear a chick screaming at the barn ... I run to the barn but can't seem to find it!
wee.gif
I finally find the chick, 2 rooms across from her nest .. she must have ran away when we're trying to catch'em all! The little chick was sooo cold I made it a little brooder and she Stayed in the house ..
wink.png

That's my Beepbeeb!
hugs.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
I guess she knows I rescured her and she's my bud'
big_smile.png

Haha! Oh how I hate to say it, but orange are such dummies! Maybe because they're almost-blond LOL. Ugh, now I feel bad because my dummy orange chickie just died
sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a cute story!!!!

lol.png

On a sadder note:
I have read that the hens in battery cages try to take a dust bath on the floor of the cage, in the air (since there is no substrate for them to bathe with). How wonderful it is to see our hens "just being chickens," and the obvious love she has for you!

thumbsup.gif

What a pretty chicken! Cute story, too. I suspect she was still in her dustbath "trance" when you so rudely interrupted her. Bad chickie mama! j/k
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom