Confused Hen??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by silkieroo, Jun 20, 2011.

1. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    Just what i needed another "rooster". [​IMG] [​IMG] So i have a hen that has started crowing which i know is not that uncommon for the dominate hen to go all roosterfied when theirs no rooster.So i wouldn't be concerned except for the fact that I have FIVE roosters!! And she is in the bottom of the pecking order!! [​IMG]

Here is the "hen" in question:

[​IMG]

Any ideas why this is happening?? And has anyone else had this happen?? (And just to be clear i have watched her lay an egg so definitely a hen.)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  2. zebserema

zebserema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    i have no idea at all other than put her in the coop with the rooster for a day to make her realize that she is a hen unless its not a problem [​IMG]

3. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    Thank you for your input!! [​IMG] I might try that if she starts mating with her sister.[​IMG]

4. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    You'll be ok. That is a Sebright hen and a very nice one at that. I had one of my hens crow before (definitely was a hen) so you have no need to worry. I had several roosters with her at the time too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by