Confused over my Ringneck doves?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by Sluge, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Sluge

Sluge New Egg

Jul 22, 2013
    Pennsylveinia
    So I have two doves, perviously I thought my brown one was a boy and the white one a girl, the brown one has been cooing and sticking his butt up in the air and rapidly flicking his wingtips trying to get the attention of the white dove, What really confused me was today the white one started cooing back. The brown dove also constantly sits and coos in the nest box I built for them and this morning "he" started breathing a bit heavily and shaking, almost vibrating, could "he" be getting ready to lay eggs?

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have zebra finches and whenever they are ready to mate the females stick their tail up in the air vibrating her wings and tail. A couple of times my finch layed an egg in my hand, I noticed that the females at first open their beak and start breathing heavily, after a few minutes she starts pushing and vibrating, then the egg comes out.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  3. Sluge

Sluge New Egg

Jul 22, 2013
    Pennsylveinia
    Well today she laid her first egg actully. I'm so excited. Completely made my day :D I noticed her sleeping in the nest box so I decided to move her a bit and next thing I know there's an egg! :)

4. Veer67

The fist time my finches layed an egg I thought it was a white jelly bean.[​IMG]

5. Sluge

Sluge New Egg

Jul 22, 2013
    Pennsylveinia
    Their so tiny :) how big were the hatchlings? :eek:

6. Veer67

They were about 2 centimeters in length when they were just born, here are some pictures of them as fledglings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Veer67

Here's a picture of a baby zebra finch a fews days old. They are tiny! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Sluge

Sluge New Egg

Jul 22, 2013
    Pennsylveinia
    Oh my gosh they are So freaking cute I might just blow up from the cuteness over load. Thank you for sharing the pictures :) I'll have to remember to post some pictures of my baby doves when they hatch :)

9. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada
    @ Veer67; Thank you for sharing.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  10. Veer67

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by